Two Main Types of Coffee
Arabica vs. Robusta
• 30% of world production • 70% of world production
• Stronger, harsher taste • Sweeter, softer taste
• Grain-like overtone, peanutty aftertaste • Tones of sugar, fruit and berries
• Twice as much caffeine • Higher acidity = wine like characteristics
• Considered an inferior quality • Susceptible to pests and needs more attention while growing
• Easier to grow, produces more fruit per • Takes many years to mature
tree with a high yield • Arabica is predominately grown in Latin America and at
• Grown at lower altitudes; primarily in high altitudes.
Africa and Indonesia.