Interesting Coffee Facts
- Coffee is the 2nd most popular drink in the world next to water.
- Coffee is the 2nd most valuable traded commodity in the world next to oil. Water is close.
- Espresso has less caffeine than other preparations as the bean is roasted longer which removes more of the caffeine.
- A coffee tasting is called a Cupping.
- Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows and sells coffee.
- The most expensive coffee in the world is coffee beans from elephant’s (or sometimes other animal’s) digestive system. AKA “Brew No. 2”. It’s true.
- The Ethiopian coffee Ceremony (where coffee trees originated) is a beautiful, traditional event considered to be a mark of respect and friendship. It takes several hours to prepare and is part of the daily routine when the village gathers to discuss community, life, and politics. The coffee is served in an ornate vessel, serving three cups per person. The event is believed to invite a transformation of spirit.